Thank you all for contacting our Senator to vote in favor of defunding abortion. Unfortunately the Senate failed us and the House of Representatives caved in. The bill to de-fund Planned Parenthood was taken out of the budget vote. The good news is that because of your dedication and help, an amendment was passed that ends federal funded abortions in Washington D.C., which will save 1,000 lives each year. Thank you for your efforts and dedication!
During the debate over whether to de-fund Planned Parenthood, you might have heard claims from Planned Parenthood that women’s health will suffer if Planned Parenthood is de-funded… Below is an article that should open your eyes to the truth about women’s health and how Planned Parenthood is destroying it.
We have yet another chance this week to put the pressure on Senator Bill Nelson to vote to de-fund Planned Parenthood. If he will not vote pro-life for the children, maybe he will at least vote to protect the women from the health epidemic caused by Planned Parenthood. Click here for Sen. Bill Nelson’s contact information. Remember, we are his constituents. He has a duty to listen to our concerns!
When Planned Parenthood president Cecile Richards speaks about the budget fight in Congress over $363 million in federal funds for her organization, one is reminded of Chicken Little’s cry, “The sky is falling! The sky is falling!”
She told KING5 News in Seattle that women will die of cancer if Planned Parenthood does not receive the federal funding it desires.  It’s an outrageous claim – even an insult to women’s intelligence – especially since Planned Parenthood is a leading cause of the breast cancer epidemic in the U.S.
Far fewer women would develop cancers of the breast, liver and cervix if Planned Parenthood would stop distributing hormonal contraceptive steroids (i.e. the birth control pill). The World Health Organization assigned the pill containing estrogen and progestin the highest level of carcinogenicity and labeled it a “Group 1 carcinogen.”  The study, Dolle et al. 2009, linked the pill with a deadly form of breast cancer called, “triple-negative breast cancer,” which occurs most often in women under age 50 and African Americans. 
Scientists agree that the best way to reduce breast cancer risk is through increased childbearing, starting at a younger age (before age 24) and increased duration of breastfeeding. By selling women abortions and cancer-causing hormonal contraceptive steroids, Planned Parenthood denies women the protective effect of childbearing, thereby causing them to lose the opportunity to mature most of their breast tissue into permanently cancer-resistant tissue. Furthermore, there is overwhelming scientific evidence that abortion leaves the mother’s breasts with more places for cancers to start. 
Richards claimed that Planned Parenthood treats 140,000 patients in Washington state, and if the budget cuts go through, then 70,000 will have nowhere to go. According to the Kaiser Family Foundation, there are over 5,000 federally funded health community hospitals across the country (with 86 in Washington state). That figure does not count the number of federal hospitals in the U.S. 
According to its 2008 tax filing with the IRS, Planned Parenthood’s mission is, in part, “[a]chieving, through informed individual choice, a U.S. population of stable size in an optimum environment….”  Translation: Planned Parenthood’s mission is to reduce the U.S. population, not to provide women’s health.
Hysterical feminists, like Rep. Nita Lowey, Senator Dianne Feinstein, Senator Maria Cantwell and Senator Barbara Boxer – all of them fans of Planned Parenthood – need to get a grip on reality. If Planned Parenthood loses its federal funding, the world will not end. On the contrary, there will be fewer cancer deaths, and women will be the winners. Politicians who accept money from the abortion industry for their campaign war chests will be the losers.
Call your U.S. Senators and let them know what your position is on funding Planned Parenthood. Click here to contact your U.S. Senator
Coalition on Abortion/Breast Cancer
1. “Planned Parenthood warns budget cuts could mean cancer deaths,” KING5 News, Seattle, April 8, 2011. Available at:http://news.yahoo.com/video/health-15749655/24842407#video=24842407
2. Cogliano V, Grosse Y, Baan R, Secretan B, El Ghissassi F. Carcinogenicity of combined oestrogen-progestagen contraceptives and menopausal treatment. Lancet Oncology 2005;6:552-553.
3. Dolle J, Daling J, White E, Brinton L, Doody D, et al. Risk factors for triple-negative breast cancer in women under the age of 45 years. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2009;18(4)1157-1166. Available at: http://www.abortionbreastcancer.com/download/Abortion_Breast_Cancer_Epid_Bio_Prev_2009.pdf
4. Lanfranchi, A. Normal breast physiology: The reasons hormonal contraceptives and induced abortion increase breast cancer risk. The Linacre Quarterly 2009;76:236-249. Available at: http://www.abortionbreastcancer.com/download/LQ_76_3_2_Lanfranchi.pdf
5. Kaiser Family Foundation. State Health Facts. Available at: http://statehealthfacts.org/comparemaptable.jsp?ind=382&cat=8
6. “Busting the birth control myth,” by Kirsten Powers, The Daily Beast, March 4, 2011. Available at: http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2011-03-04/planned-parenthoods-birth-control-myth/full/
Every year, Planned Parenthood receives 350 MILLION dollars from the government. Who do you think pays that hefty sum? You. Your parents, grandparents, sisters, brothers, etc. Whether you like it or not, you are forced to fund the biggest abortion provider in the nation. Not only are we funding thousands of abortions every day, we are funding an organization that has committed the following crimes:
- 107 criminal charges, which includes 23 felony charges of late-term abortions and falsifying documents, at the Comprehensive Health of Planned Parenthood of Kansas and Mid Missouri;
- Allegations of targeting minority communities across the country by willfully and in some cases, excitedly, taking donations earmarked towards aborting black babies;
- Defrauding the State of California of $180 million in taxpayer funds;
- Lawsuits alleging they shelter child rapists by not reporting underage rape and abuse;
- Allegations of advising teenagers to experiment with pornography and sex without telling parents through their website for teens at www.teenwire.com (Caution: explicit content)
You might be asking yourself, “How did our country end up funding an organization this horrible?” The answer is, someone made it happen. Now we need to do something to turn this around because it won’t do it on its own. That’s why I am challenging YOU, every single person who receives this email, to take out 5 short minutes of tomorrow to tell our Florida representative to support the de-funding of Planned Parenthood in the upcoming Budget Votes. I am asking everyone of you because I know you can do it and the unborn babies need every possible person to help out if we are going to make a difference. If Rep. Nelson gets enough phone calls telling him to do so, he will be forced to acknowledge his constituents and honestly represent them – otherwise we will vote pro-abortion.
CHALLENGE: Take 5 minutes today AND tomorrow to call FL Senator Bill Nelson at all 9 offices and say,
“Hi, I have a message for Senator Nelson. I strongly urge him to de-fund Planned Parenthood in the up-coming Budget Votes.”
It is easy, fast, and painless. JUST DO IT!
Here are the phone numbers:
United States Senate
716 Senate Hart Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
225 East Robinson Street, Ste 410
Orlando, Florida 32801
Toll Free in Florida: 1-888-671-4091
2925 Salzedo Street
Coral Gables, FL 33134
Sam Gibbons Federal Court House
801 N. Florida Ave., 4th Floor
Tampa, Florida 33602
West Palm Beach
413 Clematis Street, Ste 210
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
US Court House Annex
111 North Adams Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32301
1301 Riverplace Blvd, Suite 2010
Jacksonville, Florida 32207
3416 South University Drive
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328
Justice Center Annex Building
2000 Main Street, Suite 801
Fort Myers, FL 33901